Sunday, January 24, 2016

Insanuary

Some of the largest waves I have ever seen on Lake Erie yesterday. But one wouldn't know it without the use of a decent pair of binoculars, because the waves were way out past the ice pile up being forced in by the strong NE wind. Very cold, guessing with windchill - 9 or 10. Could only take a couple snapshots with my waterproof point & shoot before my fingers froze up.

But today was warmer, just about the 30 mark and I checked out my 'fishing hole' a hot spot at the power plant outtake where the water is slightly warmer and rarely freezes over. The trout like this inlet and is a sweet spot when the rivers are iced over. I have not been fishing in forever and am about to go insane. The question is whether I risk taking the yak over unsure ice to get it in the water or do I just get the waders on and toss a couple of these flies my buddy made and try out the new spinning reel? 
After several Coronas I have come to the decision to leave the kayak behind. I'm still modifying a new car roof rack anyhow. But, if conditions seem to become favorable as the day progresses, I might have to yak it....




No comments:

Post a Comment