Sunday, January 17, 2016

She is Calling and I Must Go


Have spent the past couple of weeks slacking off a bit on the house projects and turned my attention towards tweaking/pimping out my yaks and canoe. Each has their own name. The Olde Town, Discovery canoe is The Sea Chicken. My main fishing kayak, a green Future Beach, Trophy 126 is slow, but steady, not out to win the race and has chosen/earned The Sea Turtle. The secondary (for guests willing to venture along with me) is an orange Trophy 126 named The Sea Horse. And finally another Olde Town kayak, the wife’s, The Sea Otter, built slick and not just for fun - but for the speed freak in all of us. 
What sparked the flame and burned out the remainder of December was the Christmas gift I had received (from the wife), a Lowrance 5 Elite HDI fish finder. Everything else had to be put aside and I pondered nights into days until I figured out how I would put a swing arm of my own design off the side of a 'sit in' style fishing yak. Here are some of the pics of what I came up with in my manic induced insomnia.












No comments:

Post a Comment