Thursday, February 25, 2016

Stearns Gloves Review

$20 for a pair of waterproof neoprene fishing gloves? Sounded like a deal, but after only using them four times the palm seam tore. I was not even rough with the gloves and the seam in the right hand split open about the size of a dime. The gloves were terrible for warmth. Might as well have been bare handed in the 25 degree weather. I had to modify the gloves, as I do everything else. It seemed the engineers thought an average person, someone who would wear these gloves had 1 inch diameter wrists, so there was lots of extra Velcro, which I had to cover with strips of Velcro straps, as it would catch the inside fleece liner of my North Face jacket. All-in-all, I would not wish these gloves upon my worst enemy. Will keep them in the trunk of my car in case of a flat tire. Sorry Stearns, gave it a chance. The price was right, but the quality and design were all wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment