Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Crapp(i)ed Out


The Black River trek was a bust this morning. All the conditions were perfect, but I had decided to try something new (considering I could not make it to the bait shop during business hours) and neglected to test it out beforehand. Without bait it was like firing off a cap pistol at a shooting range - basically pointless. Regardless it was still nice to be out there. I remember fishing with my father as a kid and it really didn't matter if I caught anything at all, just good to be there with him and most of all be outdoors. And this location is what I prefer, no people, no cars, no commercials, and no stress. 
Had scoped out the lake conditions on the way out and they were perfect, or how I prefer as a yakker - no wind. I mean ZERO wind and the lake cucumber calm. Figured if I crapped out on the crappie at the Black River I'd just salvage the rest of the day on the lake. But by the time the time had arrived her temper changed, which is not unusual and I went back home with my tail between my legs to each nachos and take a nap. Looks like more and more rain till sunrise then high winds the rest of the day. Still, I might just give it another go at the Black since I picked up some bait at Gander Mountain this afternoon. 
Miller Park Pier



No comments:

Post a Comment