Monday, February 22, 2016

Plano 3400 Waterproof Stowaway Review


New from Plano Guide Series 3400 Waterproof Stowaway (Smart Phone dry-box)

I'd been looking for a decent, reasonably priced dry box case for my Apple iPhone 6s for awhile and saw this little guy at Wal-mart and decided to give it a try. Fits perfectly. Wanted something to carry on my person, in my vest while in the water fishing. I had the iPhone 6 and it was submerged and had to scrap it. The new 6s is supposed to be more 'water resistant' but I'm still weary and take caution nowadays. I have a Plano tackle box (who hasn't?) and like it is made here in the U.S.A. This box seems really water tight, with Dri-loc O-Ring Seal and sturdy construction. To test it out I threw it at the side of my garage - no cracks or damage, unscathed. Now this will be something to be considered if in temps lower than the 36 degrees of today. This type of plastic may not hold up well in severely low temperatures, but for the average use it is very well constructed and suitable for normal use. And the cost is low as compared to Pelican cases, only $6. I can't see this beast of a cellphone getting any larger than it is in the future, so this compact case will accommodate most beefy phones yet to come. It fits rather snug, leaving a little room for fishing license or something thin. I give it a thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment