Friday, July 22, 2016

Outdoor Research's Astroman's Short Sleeve Shirt

I've been a fan of Outdoor Research products for years now. http://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/ Recently I have been wearing/testing out OR's men's Astroman short sleeve shirt and as usually very impressed.
When out on the yak you can  expose your body to the merciless UV sun rays continuously for hours on end. It really wears me down at times and cuts my adventures shorter. This shirt has 50+ UPF and breathes incredibly well. Be sure to follow washing instructions as to not destroy the sunlight protection. OR products are guaranteed forever, but that is for defects. This shirt is made partially of nylon, which is very fragile, and I have snagged the shirt already and ripped it once in the three weeks of wearing. I used Tenacious Tape Max Flex Patching to repair it. It is also excellent for patching tent mesh and sleeping bags. https://www.mcnett.com/gearaid
I really like this shirt for beating the heat. Due to the extreme dryness of this Ohio summer though, I've not had the opportunity of testing it against mosquitos. Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment