Thursday, June 9, 2016

NRS Pilot Knife

After going thru three or four vest knives, I decided to give the NRS survival knife a go. It was designed to fit onto my NRS PFD Chinook vest. I wanted something easy to detach in case of an anchor line tangle/situation. The Pilot has all the features I'm looking for in a kayaking knife. It is also designed for scuba use. NRS makes a smaller version of this knife - the Co Pilot, but when I'm fishing in extreme cold with thick gloves I went for the larger of the two. It comes in black, green, blue, and of course bright orange.
Easy detachment and a ridged thumb side, which is a great safety feature for cold wet hands.
I'm using it clipped in facing up, but it can clip in north - south - east - west. It is to one's own personal preference. 






No comments:

Post a Comment